The Aror University of Art, Architecture, Design and Heritage Sindh grounds itself in Merit as the basic criterion for selection of its students. In lieu of the set criterion determined by the competent authority the following Admission Policy is formulated for the year 2023-2024.
- Admission to the Second year Session 2023-2024 is made according to the policies and rules framed by the authorities of the University from time to time. The mentioned rules are subject to revision by the Competent Authority as and when deemed necessary and without notice.
- All undergraduate degree programs are regular/full time Morning programs. No student admitted in the University is allowed to engage in employment or maintain simultaneous enrollment in any other educational institution. Violation of above will lead to cancellation of admission.
- Admission in each discipline shall be granted purely on the basis of merit as prescribed in the admission notice and thereby admission policy.
- Application for admission against various disciplines must be made on the prescribed online application form.
- To appear in the Entry Test, an online application processing fee of Rs 1,200 (Nonrefundable) is required to be paid to the University through bank (Bank Details can be acquired through University website).
- An applicant meeting the qualification criteria successfully of more than one discipline will need to select the preferred discipline as mentioned in the online application form.
- Admission in each discipline will be offered to candidates in the order of merit.
- The overall merit of the candidate applying for any discipline for provisional admission shall be determined on the basis of S.S.C/0’Level (or equivalent certificate), H.S.C / A’ Level /DAE (or equivalent certificate), Entry Test and interview.
- Original documents shall be produced by the student as a mandatory requirement at the time of interview.
- The candidates applying for admission on the basis of fake/tempered documents (detected before or after their admission) shall have the admission canceled after completion of necessary formalities. The student shall also be prosecuted under relevant criminal law. Additionally, the candidate may be debarred for a period of three years whilst all payments made to the University by the candidate shall be forfeited in favor of the University.
- Students admitted are not to withdraw original HSC mark sheets and certificate before completion of Degree.
Determination of Merit Position
Entry Test. All candidates seeking admission under the following disciplines / categories and fulfilling all pre-admission requirements are eligible to appear in aptitude test. The venue, date and time of test shall be mentioned in the admit card issued to each candidate. Candidates shall not be allowed to sit in aptitude test without original Admit card.
- The test will be based on the difficulty level in sync with Intermediate curricula as per following
- For BS-Civil Engineering Program
- Entry test: 100 Questions
- Part-I (English) 30 Questions
- Part-II (Mathematics) 30 Questions
- Part-III (Computer) 10 Questions
- Part-IV (Physics) 10 Questions
- Part-V (Chemistry) 10 Questions
- Part-VI (General Knowledge) 10 Questions
- For all other Programs i.e Fashion Design, Textile Design, Ceramic Design, Multimedia & Gaming, B.Arch, Environmental Sciences, Artificial Intelligence, Visual Arts, History, Archaeology & Tourism & Hospitality.
- Entry test: 100 Questions
- Part-I (English) 30 Questions
- Part-II (Mathematics) 20 Questions
- Part-III (Computer) 10 Questions
- Part-IV (General Science) 20 Questions
- Part- V (General Knowledge) 20 Questions
- The HSC curriculum shall be kept into consideration for premedical, pre- engineering, Commerce, Arts & Humanities sections. There will be 60% weightage of entry test score in CPN.
- For BS-Civil Engineering Program
- Each correct answer will be awarded with one mark in the Entry Test. There will be no negative marking.
|Percentage of Marks||Multiplying Weightage|
|a) Matriculation (or equivalent certificate)||10%|
|b) Intermediate (Pre-Engineering I Pre-Medical /Arts / Commerce/ Humanities) / A levels / Diploma (or equivalent certificate).||20%|
|c) Entry Test||60%|
CPN = 0. I * [Percentage Marks in matriculation (or equivalent certificate)] + 0.2* [Percentage Marks in Intermediate (or equivalent certificate)] + 0.6*[marks obtained in aptitude test] + 0.1 *[marks obtained in Interview].
- The merit shall be observed in each discipline as per availability of seats. Admission in each discipline shall be made in order of the choice given by the candidate at the time of application.
- If two eligible candidates are competing for one seat, the final decision of admission shall be made in favor of the candidate obtaining higher marks in the Entry Test. In case the entry test marks are also the same, the decision for the admission will be made on the basis of total marks in HSC and SSC or total number of ‘As’ in A and O Levels Exams.
Additional Marks for Hafiz-e-Quran
- The candidates who have a certificate of Hafiz-e-Quraan printed form from a registered Maderiasa and clear the test of Hifz taken in the University, are also considered to have additional 20 marks to be added to the marks of HSC.
Deduction of Marks due to Gap in Education
- In case of a gap or repetition of HSC Examinations, the merit will be determined as described below. One percent of the aggregate marks will be deducted for each unaccounted gap of one academic year after appearing in SSC-II examination from the total marks of the HSSC/DAE examination of (passed) or equivalent, for the purpose of determination of merit in each Category. This deduction is applicable whether the SSC/HSSC/DAE examination had been repeated or the gap had occurred owing to any other reason. A maximum unaccounted gap of three years is allowed between the year of appearing in SSC-II examination for the first time and year of admission.
Display of Merit List of Eligible Candidates
- a. The Merit list for each Discipline will be notified and displayed on the University Notice Boards and will also be uploaded on the University Website.
- b. University reserves the right to withhold/cancel the result of the Aptitude Test of any candidate if he/she was found guilty of deception/ impersonation and/or in violation of the provided disciplinary conduct.
- c. After the announcement of the result of the Aptitude Test, the Merit List will be prepared for each discipline and candidates shall be called for an interview. Candidate must bring along all the original testimonials at the time of interview, failure to which shall disqualify the candidate.
- d. The names of candidates who fail to appear for interview on the scheduled date and time, without any intimation, shall be deleted from the merit list of the relevant discipline and they shall not be considered for admission. Any claim in this regard shall not be entertained.
- e. The decision of the Admission Committee shall be final. However, candidates may appeal against the decision to the redressal committee within 05 business days with complete evidence in favor of complaint.
- f. The selected candidates shall submit the following forms (Available on University website).
- i. Performa for University Identity Card. ii. Enrolment form of university.
Award of Discipline
- a. The candidates are required to fill “Choice of Discipline form” to select their priority of Discipline very carefully. The choices mentioned in the option form cannot be changed.
- b. If any candidate accepts admission in technology / discipline other than the first choice of discipline and is satisfied with the same, must submit an affidavit within three working days from the date of display of such list. It must be clearly mentioned that the applicant is satisfied with the awarded discipline and the discipline/technology shall not be changed at any point in time during the academic program.
Admission of Candidate(s) who fails to deposit the Prescribed University fee within due date
- a. If any candidate fails to deposit an admission fee within the due date, the seat shall be allotted to another candidate on merit. At a later stage, if the candidate reports for admission that may be considered for admission against the left-over seats of the respective discipline as per the “Choice of Technology / Discipline” before the closing date of admission.
Display of List of Selected Candidates
- a. The list of all selected candidates under all disciplines shall be displayed on the University website and main notice boards.
- b. The admission list in each discipline announced by the University is provisional; in case of identification of any mistake, it shall be rectified.
Closing of AdmissionThe admissions for the session 2023-2024 will be closed at the end of 2nd week from the date of start of classes. After the closing date of admission, no new admissions will be entertained and the vacant seats (for any reason) will remain so.
- a. If a candidate is eligible for discipline which is not the first choice, the candidate may submit the request for Change of Discipline (COD) within TWO weeks of display of Merit list. Any available seat other than self-finance shall be awarded to the candidate after completion of admission process. This will be done on first come first serve basis.
- b. Candidates eligible for a discipline which is not the first choice may request to switch the category from open merit to self-finance with agreement to pay fee as proposed for the said category.
EnrollmentThe selected candidates will have to fill and submit prescribed enrolment form duly signed and complete by all means for enrolment. Without having an Enrolment Card, students will not be allowed to appear in the semester examination.
Cancellation/ Withdrawal of Admission
- i. Concealment of facts at the time of seeking admission/ non-submission of complete and genuine documents! tempering required documents or falsifying them would mean that the student has been admitted illegally. In such a case, the admission of the student shall be canceled. University also reserves the right to initiate legal action against such students.
- ii. The Admission Committee may cancel the admission of any student at any stage for gross misconduct after giving an opportunity of hearing at the appropriate forum.
- iii. Student who remains absent continuously for four weeks from the date of commencement of classes without information to the authorities concerned; his/her admission shall stand canceled automatically without issuing any notice thereof
- iv. Student who fails to appear in two complete semester examinations consecutively, his/her admission shall stand canceled without any notice or information.
- v. In case of any discrepancy or misinterpretation, the decision of the Admission Committee shall be final and binding on the applicant and shall not be challengeable in the court of Law.
Change of Program
- i. Enrolled students who wish to change their academic program must submit an Undergraduate Change of Program request within TWO weeks from the date of Enrollment.
- ii. Disciplines. Change of program will be allowed within HEI disciplines where first year has been made common.
- iii. Students successfully clearing the first year with mandatory CGPA (2/2.5) with no F.
- iv. The student must meet the eligibility criteria for the desired program.
- v. The request must be approved by both the current and new academic departments.
- vi. Students wishing to change majors should discuss with an advisor in both departments.
- vii. Students should gain the acceptance of the new academic program prior to disengaging from the current one.
How to Apply
- Visit University’s Online Admission Portal https.//admission.aror.edu.pk Create New Account and get a password for your account.
- Step 2: Sign In and Complete your application process Guidelines to fill the application form are provided at each step of the application.
- Step 3: Fields mentioned or marked with (*) are mandatory to fill, rest are optional.
- Step 4: Download your challan form once application is completed.
- Step 5: Deposit Challan Fee to any branch of Allied Bank Limited.
- Step 6: Upload a Scanned Copy of Paid Challan on “Admission Portal”.
- Step 7: Download & Print your Admission Form and send it to University by Courier or Submit by Hand along with all required documents.
- Step 8: Also Print your ‘Admit Card’ generated automatically after uploading Valid Fee Challan.
- Step 9: Report at the venue on the given time and date as shown on your ‘Admit Card’. Please note that you will not be allowed to sit in Entry Test without ‘Printed Admit Card’ and original CNIC or B-Form under any circumstances.