Dr. Sabab Ali Shah
Faculty of Architecture and Town Planning
Dr. Sabab Ali Shah is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Architecture and Town Planning, Aror University of Art, Architecture, Design, and Heritage Sindh. He has earned in PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering from Hanyang University, South Korea. He also remained a Post-Doctoral Fellow at the same institute. In addition, Dr. Shah is currently leading two Special issues as “Lead Guest Editor” in American Journal for Water Science & Engineering and Natural Resources Conservation Research Journal, respectively. Dr. Shah is also a part of the “Editorial Board” in various internal journals including American Journal of Civil Engineering, the Hydrology Journal, the Journal of Ecology and Natural Resources, etc. Dr. Shah has taught Water Resources Engineering and Hydro-system design at Hanyang University for three years and had been a Workshop instructor for more than 4 years in Education Department of Government of Sindh. Dr. Shah remains a part of various research projects e.g., Development of a framework for evaluating and decomposing the impact of climate change and anthropogenic activities on drought risk, Disaster Warning Standardization and Operation Technology Development, Development of Scenario Neutral (SN)-based drought vulnerability assessment technology for pluralistic decision-making, etc. Dr. Shah has presented his research findings at various global forums including XVIIth World Water Congress, the International Convention of KSCE, and International Conferences on Smart Water Grid (KSWG), 18th International meetings of Asia Oceania Geoscience Society (AOGS), Singapore. Dr. Shah has published various high-quality research papers in SCI/SCIE-indexed peer review journals. His research area lies in Water Resources Engineering, Climate Change Adaptation in Water Resources, Natural Disaster Risk Assessment, and Hydrological modeling. He is also a member of international organizations such as American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), International Association of Engineers (IAENG), Korean Society of Civil Engineers (KSCE), International Water Resources Association (IWRA) and AOGS.
- [J1] Muhammad Jehanzaib, Sabab Ali Shah, Ji-Young Yoo, Tae-Woong Kim, Investigating the impacts of climate change and human activities on hydrological drought using non-stationary approaches. Journal of Hydrology, 588, (2020) 125052. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2020.125052. [IF. 5.722].
- [J2] Sabab Ali Shah, Muhammad Jehanzaib, Tae-Woong Kim, Investigation of the effects of climate variability, anthropogenic activities, and climate change on streamflow using multi-model ensemble. Water, 2022, 14, 512. https://doi.org/10.3390/w14040512. [IF. 3.511].
- [J3] Sabab Ali Shah, Muhammad Jehanzaib, Joo-Heon Lee and Tae-WoongKim, Exploring the Factors Affecting Streamflow Conditions in the Han River Basin from a Regional Perspective. KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, 2022, pp. 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12205-021-0151-5. [IF. 2.30].
- [J4] Muhammad Jehanzaib, Sabab Ali Shah, Sungwook Wi, Tae-Woong. Kim, exploring spatio-temporal variation of drought characteristics and propagation under climate change using multi-model ensemble projections. Natural Hazards (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11069-022-05650-y. [IF. 3.18].
- [J5] Abdul Ghani Soomro, Sabab Ali Shah (Corresponding Author), Tae-Woong Kim, HareefKeerio, Darya Memon, Descade reservoirs, an exploration of spatial runoff storage sites for water harvesting and mitigation of climate change impacts using an integrated modeling approach. Sustainability 2022, 13538. https://doi.org/10.3390/su142013538. [IF. 3.80].
- [J6] Sabab Ali Shah, Muhammad Jehanzaib, Ji-Yae Shin, Hyun-Han Kwon, Tae-Woong Kim, A decomposition framework to evaluate hydrological response to climate variation and human action in lower watersheds of Han River. KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, 2022. [IF. 2.30].
- [J7] Sabab Ali Shah, Muhammad Jehanzaib, Dong-YeopKwak, Tae-Woong Kim, Spatial and temporal variation of annual and categorized precipitation in the Han River Basin, South Korea. KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12205-022-1194-y. [IF. 2.30].
- [J8] Muhammad Jehanzaib, Sabab Ali Shah, Ho Jun Son, Seung-Hwan Jang, Tae-Woong. Kim, Hydrological drought prediction using supervised machine learning classifiers for drought warning alerts. KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering. 3019–3030 2022. [ https://doi.org/10.1007/s12205-022-1367-8. [IF. 2.30].
- [J9] Ghulam ShabirSolangi, Sabab Ali Shah* (Corresponding Author), Raised SaadAlharbi, SalahuddinPenhwar, Hareef Ahmed Keerio, Tae-Woong Kim, Investigation of Crop Water Requirement for Major Crops Using CROPWAT Model Based on Climate Data, Water, 2578, 2022. https://doi.org/10.3390/w14162578. [IF. 3.511].
- [J10] Muhammad Jehanzaib, Sabab Ali Shah, Hyun-Han Kwon, Tae-Woong Kim, Investigating the influence of natural events and anthropogenic activities on hydrological drought in South Korea. Terrestrial Atmospheric Oceans Sciences, Vol. 31, pp. 85-96, 2020. DOI: 10.3319/TAO.2019.08.13.0. [IF. 1.10].
- [J11] Hareef Ahmed, SallahddinPanhwar, Sabab Ali Shah, Abdul MuntaqimNaji Investigation of Climate change variability under climate change conditions over the semi-arid region, Hyderabad. Journal of Mechanics and Continua and Mathematic Sciences. 2020, pp- 12-21. https://doi.org/10.26782/jmcms.2020.12.00005. [IF. 2.31].
- [J12] Muhammad Yousif, SallahddinPanhwar, Hareef Ahmed Keerio, Panhwar, Nadir HussianKhokhar, Sabab Ali Shah. Water quality analysis of old and new Phuleli Canal for irrigation purpose in the vicinity of Hyderabad City. Water Practice and Technology (2022) 17 (2): 529–536. https://doi.org/10.2166/wpt.2022.006. [IF. 1.03].
- [J13] Tariq Ahmed Memon, Mujeeb Iqbal Soomro, KhanjiHarijan, Sabab Ali Shah. Assessment of Rice Residues as Potential Energy Sources in Pakistan. Sukkur IBA University Journal of Emerging Technology. PP. 41-53, Volume 5. 2022.
- [J14] Sabab Ali Shah, Min Ji Kim, Ji YeongYoo, Tae-Woong Kim. Streamflow Flow Response to Climate Variability and Anthropogenic Activities at a Watershed Scale. 18th Annual international Conference Oceania Geoscience Society, Singapore.
- [T15] Sabab Ali Shah, Ghualam Mustafa, Hareef Ahmed, SallahuddinPanhwar, Ghulam ShabirSolangi. Application of Drone Surveillance for Advance Agriculture Monitoring by Android Application Using Convolutional Neural Network. 2022, Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution. 2022, Under Review. [IF. 2.14].
- [T1] Sabab Ali Shah, PhD (Dissertation) “A Framework for Evaluating and Decomposing the Hydrological Response to Climate Change and Anthropogenic Activities in the River Basin”, Available online: Hanyang University, South Korea, Library database. Feb, 2022
- [T2] Sabab Ali Shah, B.E (Thesis) Development of An Empirical framework for estimating the seepage losses in an Earthen Watercourse at Latif Experimental Farm, Sindh Agriculture University, Pakistan. 2012, Available at SAU Central Library.